Saturday, August 09, 2008

Olympics

I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, however, I felt the camera work and excessive self-advertising by NBC was very terrible. Yes, I was going to boycott the opening ceremonies, but I'm glad I didn't. We will be talking about China for the next 100 years as the major force in our global system. We may as well allow people to see that the commies can accomplish goals similar to our own, like watching the last season of ER and buyin cars :)

I went to the zoo today, another place I thought I would boycott. I will post pics soon, I took them on the actual camera and can't find the cable to get the photos off. CC (ms cotton) and I went for a free teacher day, we got in early and saw all the animals without anyone around. Baby Elephant Samson was very cute, otters, penguins, turtles, giraffes, rhino, but no polar bear, no chimps. But we did get to hear the lion roar! Awesome.

Roomie and I played new Olympic betting match that should be began during the opening ceremonies. Roomie picked total number of medals each country would win and I took either over or under that number. Here are some highlights (we did do every country)
Greece 2 over.
USA 98 over
Israel 3.5 over
Japan 20 under
Hong kong 7 under
Cuba 14 over
China 64 over
Canada 38 under
Germany 64 under
Brazil 2.4 over
Russia 57 under
India 7.5 under
Great Britain 25.5 under
Venezuela 6 over
France 18.5 under
Czech republic 14.5 over
Italy 23.5 under
Australia 19.5 over

1 comment:

Nik said...

I"m on a big anti-China kick. I love being xenophobic. And afraid of the global warming 1 billion SUV drivers will bring. But I suppose, everybody should get a turn destroying the planet.