Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First (& 2nd) Day of School With Students



Things are going extremely well so far. I am very happy with my students, my schedule, my attitude. Unlike a lot of other people, the beginning of school is my favorite because I don't have preconceived opinions of the students or piles of grading I'm not doing. It is also nice to not have grad school yet so I can jump into teaching and then jump into my studies next week. It is also nice to have a long weekend to look forward to. Happy first day of second grade Crash (aka booger)! I hope you really love compound words Maestra heard you talking about. Also, the girls should love school as well this year.

I rarely bother you with lesson plans but here's what you would have done in my classes so far this year. In Forensics: Sketch a crime scene, test sample if it is blood, identify counterfeit and real dollar bills, and fill out an identification card including a fingerprint. In AP Environmental: Conduct a field study to count biodiversity of organisms within a hula hoop and record temperature and weather patterns.

FYI this is the new wing, where I teach. Second floor

1 comment:

chancelot said...

Glad you are having a good week.