Thursday, August 21, 2008

Apparent Guardian

I have no idea why I am so fond of bookshelves. I have many in my bedroom and many in my classroom and for some reason, if the books are in the right place on the shelves, then I am a together person. However, if the wrong books are on the right shelves, this can make a woman insane! I do not need 100 textbooks from 1990. Same goes with my desk. I can have a gigantic inbox (no jokes here) a pile that goes all the way to my shoulders, but don't even think about moving my post-its.

Wednesday is always science day in the county, so everyone you have ever taught with or worked with in science is there to say hello. It's a little hard, I even had a few people not say hello back (Joe and Nancy can you believe it?). There was a guest speaker who was an astronaut showing us his pictures from space (how 1985) but it was really cool. My favorite was Mt. Everest.
And then I went to a wonderful lunch with Biology girls at Panera Bread, then back to the classroom to get ready. Chili found a typo on a document I have been giving to parents for 3 years (that I got from Nancy and didn't proof read). Permission is required from apparent/guardian. Now - the context could still work. The obvious parent, the one that feeds you, needs to give you permission to go on a walk. Apparently, Mt. Everest is the big one.

Thursday is giant meeting day, so praise the iPhone and expect email.

1 comment:

Nik said...

ah. I'm so behind I'm not even reading blogs. I can't wait to hear more about this year. Good catch on the apparent/guardian. It's hard to tell when they're not obvious.
May you have many field trips this year!