Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Three

"Eat, pray, love" I have been reading for the last three days. Mostly because I have seen this book on the night stand of all of my friends and it was at Maestra's BnB. The author talks a lot about the significance of 3. And she goes to Italy, India, and Indonesia for a year. Then I read an article about the top 3 things you must do. Then I went out to dinner with my sisters and we discussed the best trip we could each take. So naturally, we should make a list of the top 3 places we would visit if traveling for a year with unlimited funds, perhaps by some person who pays people to blog about their travels, and then you would need to find a theme for your travels so it could be a book...

Speaking of 3's... We made it 3 days without fighting.
It took me about 3 minutes this morning to put my (sober) foot in it. I actually was trying to apologize about being short and rude. Perhaps we should follow 3 new rules in this family...
1. Only respond to what people actually say about how they feel, not what you assume.
2. Our family deserves at least as much energy and kindness as our friends and colleagues. This may look phony, but maybe we need it.
3. Separate checks (this will occur if we follow rule 2).

These rules are up for negotiation. I have heard an alternate solution that includes not speaking. Perhaps a 3 drink maximum. Also an ellipse has 3 periods...

iPhone is mostly getting in trouble with music, "Are We Family or What" Tragically Hip. It has played this song 3 times.

No comments: