Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Engagement and Exploration

The 5E Lesson plan. Yesterday morning was all about the 5e lesson plan and how to engage your students. Floating can, crushing can, balloon on an erlymyer flask. Who was erlymyer anyway? The Chesapeake Biological Lab is in the oldest building on the island and used to be a laundramat. I'm the only one without a computer! But luckily roomate and I both share loves of iPhones , cooking, and teaching. Also she has a food blog and can't wait to add her link.

Afternoon was spent on the St. Mary's college campus where we did a stream survey and leaf pack experiment will be cool to do next year. Ticks, leaches, and frogs oh my! Caught some different invertebrates than I'm used to seeing probably because it is mid summer and I'm usually stream surveying in the spring or fall. The t own is 300 years old and we saw an Indian reservation, the first church of maryland 1667 and archeological dig of prehistoric firepit! Everything is built on top of oyster shells.

Fancy dinner at a martini bar, I had the chicken. The hummus to start was delicious. Also they had , drum roll please, Kendall-Jackson. Upon 3rd glass, everyone raised their glasses and said "and we have to wishes Adam a happy anniversary today" and I said " no way! Me too" followed by my life story that was something like we got married in niagara falls last year and then when we got home from honeymoon "he went out for comic books and never came back". Creative non fiction?

Also real roomie says the dog hasn't eaten in two days. Oy vey!

1 comment:

Nik said...

Oh I wish I was there with you. Frogs and history? In the same setting? Jealous!