Tuesday, June 10, 2008

summer revised

Ok. It was too hot. It wasn't that bad because a lucky cold front came in and caused a cool thunderstorm of the ilk from the west. I saw actual lightning. I'm glad I have a room with ac but it is crazy still. The principal gave a 10 minute talk of quotes and inspiration. He's new, he's mathematical, he's about the pennies. But his first quote was "Preach the gospel; and if need, use words" he defined this as leading by example. I, who am the number one new principal fan, was offended. In Utah, that would have been sacrilage in a faculty room. Now, I understand, he was making a point. But he was mostly preaching that good teaching is good teaching to a room full of good teachers, so the fact that he displayed his religion (irish catholic JFKesque) so out there... I was perplexed.

Then I went to a scrabble game with the girls and Mrs T's who's husband just passed. My two mom's in baltimore and my best friend had lovely cheese and crackers and wine, with me partaking more in both. We were celebrating two new jobs and a new retirement and a new fellowship. We had a great time. Coach p came and joined us after for a couple games of scrabble. Then he and I went to meet roomie and his new life guard friends. It was nice. Met new girl, she seemed nice and a tad on the anne frank side. However, may be really nice, and roomie looked happy.


PS That was just today. Summer will be full of fun blogs... If apple figures out how to let people blog on the iphone, it freaks out with the typing in blogspot for some reason... Work on it people, your new version will not be bought by the one's who have sold iphone's and dressed as them for halloween.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Sounds like a good start to summer. I keep waiting for mine to begin. It feels more like it's ending....Perhaps when you get here it will feel more like proper summer. See you tomorrow!