Saturday, June 14, 2008

BIG Day out... asleep by 9 (11 EST)

Woke at Maestra's Beautiful BnB. Coffee with nectarine, soft boiled egg, and toast. Drove the Prius to work. Called my Grandma. Then went to the 7 at the base of big cottonwood canyon for a bottle of water, and hiked up Fergeson Canyon. It has been 20 years since I went up this canyon for the first time. The river was flowing quite rapidly compared to the slow Maryland streams I am used to jumping in of late. The spring wild flowers were out in full force, I once new the names of the yellow ones and the blue ones, but that will work for now. Possible research later.

Then I went to grocery store and iphone store. Home to lay out by the pool. Then a lunch with the pretty rich people thirtyone knows. Very fun, but I did start feeling a little out of place. They actually laughed when I said my friends only spend 20 and then have to leave a bar, you could tell they thought this was an impossible task. The wild salmon with sauteed veggies in tarragon butter was absolutely exquisite. How funny that the city by the sea can't make salmon, but the salty desert town has it down pat...

Then to Green street to sit on the porch on the most comfortable first day home. KJ and Maestra created some tears, home in one song in the Prius... Asleep in my clothes by 8:55-to 3:00 mountain standard time

Evidence from iphone...
5 unanswered texts, 5 drunk dials to teachers and desperation, 3 calls and 1 message to roomate, and 1 message from team iron horse that we won trivia tournament...

1 comment:

Emily Adamson said...

Do you like making salmon? If so check out our recipe contest at MarxFoods.com ... the prize? ... 15 Pounds of Wild Salmon! The taragon salmon you had sounds divine!