Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Job

I am starting work at my new job in 1 hour and thirty two minutes.

Things that are good...

I loved teaching middle school.
My entire life has been influenced highly by my experiences in 8th grade.
I will help a population of kids that need to be helped.
I lived in the same neighborhood as the school for 7 of my 8 years here.
I get to commute by the best liquor store in Baltimore on my way home.

Things that are scary...

It is a middle school.
Meeting the new administration and teachers.
No air conditioning.
Only one photocopy machine.

Things I know now that I wish I knew then...

Don't wear heels. It's not the job for them.
Look sciency and sound sciency and act sciency. It is all in the appearances.
Labs make for an easy and interesting class and just take time to set up.
Demos are even better.
Look organized and sound organized and act organized.
If you don't grade every day after classes, it will just sit in a pile for a long while.

No comments: