Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Two

Pilates. With Cat.

I don't have much experience with Pilates. Except my twin was a dance major in college. And my niece loves her ballet class. And I once owned a pair of toe ballet shoes. So I had one experience with a Pilates instructor. Named Kat or something like that. You tie yourself onto the expensive rowing-esque machine with legs and arms like a bow flex and Kat tells you to breathe and contort and do it 5 more times. Then switch. With like a million thousand exercises until you get off that thing feeling a little experienced with a medieval times torture chamber and stretched like you were on a salt water taffy machine. And then Kat charges you a fee of $75 for the service. Or, conveniently, you use sister math in that you attending the almost missed but would have to pay any way allow sister to pay for session.

So, I needed a cheap (free) version of the real Hollywood Body Pilates that I cannot afford especially in August. I researched what I had scheduled for myself this day of my spa vacation, and there were some floor exercises that are fancy ballet-esque ab and glut routines that seem torturous but not too bad. But I was way less disciplined than in leading my own yoga routine so I fell back to using On Demand Less is More Pilates 20 minute floor routine. The cat, Han Solo, joined me in my stretches. Wherein I wrote a Pilates Rap. Pilates for the Ab-iEs, And I felt a little flabby. But I'm not crabby. Not too shabby. Word.

In other do it yourself Three Day Spa news, the facial mask (Papaya Mask) was replaced with the Milk and Honey mask I made up because yes, I had no Papaya. 1 tbsp honey 1 tsp milk. On face. 10 min. Then shower it off.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I had no idea you were blogging! Thank god!