Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sweet potato queen and sweet potamogeton perfoliatus queen


According to my new southern belle roomate at the Marsh House, you need 5 men in your life. You are very lucky if the 5 roles are filled by the same man, or they can all be different men but only 4 can be gay. Chuckle. One to talk to, one to laugh with, one to dance with, one to fix things, and one to ... A woman claims the title of Sweet Potato Queen if she has them all.

Research group and I went to sushi. I had a dynamite roll and saki. It was fun. I was late, but that's ok down here people arrive at what the southern belle calls "ish time" and so do I now (hopefully this trait doesn't stick around because I hate lateness, for example am glad certain things are monthly-ish).

Potamogeton perfoliatus is a seagrass called Redhead that I will be researching as well as 4 others... You say potato, I say Potamogeton. So if you have 5 seagrasses in your life you must be...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a nice blog.


berto xxx

Valerie said...

so hilarious. 5 men. Hmm. that's my kind of life!

Nik said...

Hilarious! I love 5. And it's true--only 4 can be gay.
Good luck as Sweet Potamogeton Perfoliatus queen.

una donna dolce said...

If you have 5 sea grasses in your life you must be...

lucky to not be non-stop amplifying, ligating, extracting, incubating, plating, lysing and sequencing!

I'm exhausted! But I finally cooked something this week!

Which is a good thing
Right?