Sunday, July 13, 2008

glory

Assateague island is a sandbar below ocean city that has wild horses running free on it. It was the most beautiful place I've ever been in Maryland. Of course it was East Coast crowded, but when you looked East all you could see was the sea. Sun swimming and laughter all day followed by an excellent ice cream cone, fantastic talk with Maestra, "val" college spaghetti, Shiraz, and movies "glory " and "perfect storm". I may reschedule my entire week and go back to the island on Saturday. I went with some wonderful ladies from the lab who will be known as Pale Ale, Banana, and Geologist; I haven't laughed so hard in awhile and I haven't been in the ocean since the Galapagos because I dont thing I got in the ocean in St. Johns.

1 comment:

una donna dolce said...

Assateague has to be one of my favorite places. We went in April and it wasn't crowded at all. Of course I forgot to bring my camera (do we see a recurring pattern here?) so I have no pictures (sigh!) but we were there when they rounded up the ponies for vaccinations. It was cool because penned up we got to observe some herd behavior up close. Weren't there more types of herons and egrets than you've ever seen?! We have been tubing in the Gunpowder. I can't wait to take kayaks down it!