Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two weeks

I have been piling books by the bed waiting to actually read. Quick snippets of Gary Snyder poems or a page or two of Catcher is all I get, because they decorate the bath. It occurred to me, that even though my house is decorated in books, I seldom read them in the last couple of years. Confirmed by a roomie mentioning he has never seen me read while he's been here. I miss it. And since my addiction to technology and movies will have to decrease while I'm in china, I will have to begin looking at these handheld book thingys not just decorate the house with them.

Aunt Kathy's blog has given me some excellent suggestions. She read's like a book a day it appears, so my goal for this winter break and all of 2009 is to read like an Aunty Kathy in training. Because today, when I turn in my 15 page paper on cancer research, it will be the last day I read an article from a scientific journal for a very very long time. hooray!

2 comments:

Nik said...

I still can't believe you're done with grad school. It's like you just started. Congratulations Master P.

P said...

I'm not done, I'm just done with the science part