Friday, June 23, 2006

Time Zone

One excellent advantage to writing a journal on a blog is the ability to edit. My journal was never actually intended to be private, but when Otterbutt read it on a trip home from college in 1989, it became aparent that I thought it should be. That was back before the electrons began floating everywhere. We didn't have cell phones, we had to call each other at home and actually both be home to talk to one another. We sent mail, actual mail for correspondence. Anyway, it is hard to write in a cyber journal that may be read, may not be, but could be, it feels as though I'm leaving the diary unlocked.

My dependence on electronic energy is so drastic. I feel such calm and safety in the fact the lesson will be successful when I am teaching, if I have some sort of electronic e-gadgetey thing that will aid me in this. As summer begins, I find myself talking to the air via blogging, waiting for family to email, my horoscope to be texted to me, my diet and exercise to come from the net. TV, DVD, iPod, Videogame... Oops, check the email again. I am not interacting with any human energy at all, I'm just interacting with electronic gadgets.

Doing yoga on DVD this morning. I plan on turning on other electrons later. It is raining in Baltimore.

No comments: