Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sisters

My two beautiful sisters: Poets, Chefs, Mothers, Runners? Otterbutt and Thirty-one are Officially correct about EVERYTHING! Including blogging. A bandwagon I've of course been slow to start, and I will be equally as slow with the running... I'm sure it will become aparent soon that I do not have the poetic graces you both have and you will probably be able to see my Queen of the Nerd and Science Teacher Abilities too easily, but forgive my first official blog...

It has come to my attention on my first official day of summer, no school, no work, no grad school, no kids, nothing to do, that being a teacher does have its perks in June July and August. I found myself working on lesson plans last night (with my best friend Kendall) with intermittent bouts with the video game Tomb Raider Legend on XBOX.

I miss the kids. They are wonderful. My nephew Crash is truly one of the best people on the planet. My niece, the flower, loves to speak in code and I became aware of her excellent ability to get a crowd of 7 people out of the house in a timely fashion with a rallying cry of "let's go" I also heard my favorite sound of a little girl whom I will nickname Goose however some say it is a pterodactyl sound. I must admit, I'm not old enough to remember pterodactyl noises, but the rumor is that my boss Big Daddy had a pet one once...

This morning, I awoke to the Green Hornet aka Lt. Davis, "good morning, will you marry me?" followed by "I miss Lily"

2 comments:

Nik said...

What an auspicious beginning! A free summer, the day post-visit from the sister, bro in law and kids, and (another?) proposal from the Green Hornet, Lt. Davis. Very nice pseudonyms. What's yours?
The best way to get people to check out your blog is to comment on theirs.
Yeah! It is like having breakfast.

Valerie said...

Absolutely great! Now if the world will do Sudoku and Sushi everyday!!