Thursday, October 07, 2010

Not Ready

I'm reading "Let's talk about race. In the era of resegregation in Education" Except it's really sitting on the coffee table while I rewatch my awesome video montage's my students can't see at school but can at home. Interesting.

We're gearing up for our first short cycle assessment. A county written quiz. It will be awesome. Except I never showed them my moon picture slide show or the Earth viewer reviewer because they are blocked at school. Maybe they can see it from home.

Any way... We're talking about air pressure and atmospheric layers. The demo with the layers worked out well. The demo with the air pressure did not. Even though I practiced for nights with the can and the stove and the precise amount of water and the goggles, tongs, etc. Then the hot plate didn't work. Hard to demonstrate the point of air pressure when you can't get some heat! I'm sure it never worked because I left it plugged in and on for the entire night.

But any way... the schoolhouse didn't burn down.


Hooray!

But Hooray! I didn't do the exploding straw fountain!

Air Pressure Experiment
More educational games & videos on Science Experiments at NeoK12.com  


HEAT TRANSFER
http://NeoK12.com/pres/DGEWV45Y

No comments: