Thursday, October 09, 2008

Almost Halloween

It is very easy to just blog about the things I have to do. But in lieu of following said list, I am conspiring with my team about Halloween. It is cooling down, the leaves are sort of changing, I guess its time to hang up my flip flops and find some actual shoes and socks.

Oh how I love Halloween. Baltimore really does it right! Everyone goes to Fells Point (see Eat Bertha's Mussels below). All the college kids come decked out to the nines. One year, there was the entire A-team jumping out of the van. Also, so many fraternities and sororities painted blue as smurfs it was like smurfapalooza. Last year there was a Spartan with spear, shield, and red scarf like panties (I almost licked him right there on the street he was so delicious looking) The first year, I went as a Treasure chest with two pirates and a ghoul. By the end of that night I was a just the pirates booty, but it was an enormous and hilarious costume. The next year, was the first semblance of normalcy after my fall from grace or graceful fall (ha ha) when I put together my iPhone costume. My team mates dressed up as an old Scotsman (later named James Bond at 700) and two college guys, Mike and Ned, in sweaters and jeans.

This year, the team is reassembling (beginning at Bertha's before the college kids even get dressed and then we leave as they come flooding in and get to see it all), I was considering re-using the iPhone costume. However, in these dark times, and being an election year and all... I need to be political. Big Daddy is going to go as "Joe Six pack" and I will be the "Hockey Mom". I'm considering being a pit bull in lipstick. Have a couple of weeks to work out the details. Would love suggestions.

Crazy how "on the ropes" the reps are behaving after 2nd debate.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Halloween is also my favorite of all the holidays (except that we don't get any days off). I'm thinking of wearing a black outfit with an arrow pointing down, down, down noting perhaps the 14,323 at the top and 9123 (or lower!) at the bottom. Then I'll get really drunk and when people ask me what I am I'll tell them I'm the tanked economy.

P said...

that is hysterical! Omg I love it