Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring without a Revolution

I used up all of my fun before the week of spring break. Now I face a few days with nothing to do but grade and clean. This weekend will be fun with A's baby shower. Ug and grad scbool. ugh and charley has created this feeling of conspiracy in my paranoid brain
yes I have a great support group. But it feels like the first time I've been alone in while. Maybe I just miss "the Wire": one is never alone with cable I suppose, my true love, HBO. That's ok, maybe I'll marry it and I'll change my name to Mrs. K.J. HBO.

I love the John Adams series. I know I'm supposed to be in love with In Treatment, and I am, but John Adams is so interestin.g Econtrario talked about Thomas Jeffe rson for an entire summer and I am actually kind of shocked about how much I know about it. The cast so interestingly portrays this part of America. Also, they were comparing Obama to Jefferson on Bill Maher the other night. Politicians who rise above their times and see the ultimate government ever created for what it really is. or what it really should be. I thought Bill Maher was a little defensive, thinking he could joke about the race issue and then realizing his panel was so serious about it. I actually couldn't keep watching the entire thing because the woman professor was so intense.

I complain about how I couldn't afford to travel this break, and then watch people 200 years ago having to take a boat across the Atlantic to gain support for their revolution! Leaving their wives, children, and fellow countrymen to die while they go dine with the silly French. I complain about my silly chores, when I don't have many rows to hoe as they say. Have to clean my house, but not scrub it in fear of small pox.

What strange lives we lead in the Information Age.
I will just enjoy spending the time working on my work that I have put off for so long, and clean this house that has caused a bit of a headache this week. I will chat with sisters and email mom.

1 comment:

Nik said...

What a gorgeous post. I should watch the John Adams series. I am being inhumanely bored by Law & Order.
If nothing else, you can write more great blogs this week.
Happy cleaning. I wish you could have come but travel is hard, even without big waves and small pox.