Tuesday, October 23, 2007

4 months

I don't want to have to live like this. I want to be fat for a reason and for my vows to count. But I will do it, I must. The tears are a bit less salty, and the sobs less loud. I still see the ghosts, but I'm starting to see my real self in the shadows. Otterbutt's novel saved the weekend. Thirty-one's brunch did much the same in the city of salt. Many thanks to them both. My students spent 40 minutes looking at soil under the stereoscope saying, Ms. Dub come see this bug. I ran to look. Ran home to not hear clunking army boots up the back stairs.

4 comments:

Nik said...

Hearing that my book did a small bit to make your weekend more bearable is the best kind of success the book could be. You are the best reader to boot! It made my weekend bearable knowing you were reading it. Tits and tats!

chancelot said...

I hate the 23rd of almost all months now. So I was with you in spirit on tuesday.

P said...

how is the 23rd a month?

P said...

shit i'm an idiot