Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dogs

Lt. Green Hornet's Family Dog Died Friday. We're going to visit them in August, very soon, but they are all really sad. It is sad, and hard not to make it about myself or my own pet deaths... I don't know what to say because I am probably making it worse.

We had a nice weekend so far (except Heidi's passing). We went to ARTscape with TnT and the little Coach. I took the lightrail and met everyone down there (little coach and the lt. also took the lightrail, it is really fun) The art was great, I saw a raku cat Maestra would love, but I couldn't pick the color and when I went back I couldn't find the guy (maybe because I took my friend Kendall (a lot of my friend Kendall) with me.) They had great music, food, and fireworks. Living in the city has its perks. It was nice to be so close to the action but be able to rest and use T's A/C. TnT just got two new little pug puppies. They are sooo cute. Blaise and Isabel! Lart's piece at artscape is a greenhouse with fake flowers in it. I think it's a statement about how we can't grow fake flowers in a greenhouse, aluding to the fake keeping up with the Jones' but she has titled it with 3 family names of people who appeared happy and then one spouse killed the other. I worry about Pork&B's safety ha ha.

Saturday we went to dinner and to see Superman Returns (awesome movie). Quite a date I must admit. We brought the little coach with us. I can't say anything about returns because I'm afraid I will ruin it, but I think Crash would love it! They had a preview for Spider Man 3 next spring and I got very excited!!!!

Im also excited about teaching. This course I'm in is really helpful and I won't have to reinvent the wheel for Forensics anymore. Epiphany in Baltimore keeps freaking about his new schedule and allIthe advice he gets mentions that he shouldn't take 2 grad classes with 2 class preps. I have 3 class preps and taking 2.5 grad classes. It is too much. But with the Lt. around working hard is contagious and I guess I'll just be working from 04:00 to 20:00 each night and then maybe salvage a weekend. Epiph is just amazing as well, he got a student from the city a full ride to U of M and it is just so wonderful to see his responses to this experience...

We're discussing a dog nanny and a housekeeper for this time. We both are tolerant to the slob lifestyle but I think it would be easier to study, grade, plan, study, plan, grade, watch movies, instead of worrying about the house all the time. But it makes me sound a little bourgeoisie but of course I am. Planning a second wedding makes anyone a little bourg... I've been looking at dresses, flowers, invites, tuxes, champagne toasts, I've already made the music playlist (Engaged, and Engage!) I can't wait to marry him. It will be de-lovely. 10 years between weddings, 5 since divorce, it's plenty of time to forget how fun this is. I didn't do any of this stuff for my first wedding except buy an ugly dress at ZCMI and flowers from a girl Lart new...

2 comments:

Nik said...

What a great weekend! You are busy even when you're busy even when you're not. You have a great many pseudonyms protected the identiy of your bloggees. It's kind of like a superhero blog site.

Nik said...

Tell Lt. I'm sorry about his dog. That is very sad news.