Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Benefits


Hooray for Iron Chef Mushroom! I cannot describe the smells, the smiles, and the smattering of mushrooms that fell upon Thirtyones house last night. It was fantastic. See her Thirtyones blog for the menu. I wish we could cook like that every day, ha ha wallets. But it was divine. A Divine Day. Even with kids falling down on slides and off beds, a spattering of dimpled chads lost in the state of Florida, and an unofficial election resulting in burning of ballots! What fun! Otterbutt used her inlaws beautiful kitchen or it may have been a little tight with only four burners, but we shared and presented some lovely meals. I learned so much from my sisters on how to cook last night. I also learned about why we each are so different despite our tripletness. Approaching each project in our own way we can sometimes collectively display an air of simplicity and delight. I am proud to be a part of it. (not apart)

Thirtyone's fancy plates and simple scallop changed many peoples minds about scallops, including mine, so I declare her the victor on that note but also give nod to Otterbutt's risotto having each and every element you want to order in a risotto, including the desire you could eat the entire bowl. Both these chef's made their meals on the cuff in two hours without consulting a recipe. I did need to read about 50 recipes for 4 days and memorize a lot of things, however, liked the lamb. Gramma said repeatedly a movie quote today "He's vegetarian? So I'll make lamb".

Early morning tv with Thirtyone followed by hiking today with Otterbutt = a lovely morning. Neff's Canyon. I swear, they said in high school that canyon always had snakes... Anyway, the river was running so fast and despite my totally improper east coast outfit, I managed fine.

My massage with Diana Troy the empath demon fixed me more than even she helped me last time. She yelled at me, made me cry, said thank you when I said thank you, and said "you're amazing" when I said "you're amazing"! I don't think I can really explain what happened in the room today, but I know she knows. And I know she fixed me. At one point she said, what are you thinking about, I said "Going to Grammas". She said in the gentlest voice "we don't all have to have a baby." And then I cried, and she let me stay for an extra hour as she washed my feet again. And I SWEAR she fixed me.

And Gramma had some wonderful advice. She didn't tell me I needed a baby or a man. She just told me about her children and her men. It was quite the story. It is not her perception of me that made me stress, it is my perception of myself. This may ruin my argument for perception vs reality. Oh Well.

So iPhone saga people. 3 sports score texts, One clear straight forward phone call rejection, one email with response, and... delightfully, 2 hours of the iPhone turned off while I was blessed by a healing goddess.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Diana Troy totally rocks. She is amazing and is going on a spirit quest this week. Goddess Bless

Nik said...

Yay to next Iron Chef adventure! Secret ingredient to save our wallets? Spam!
I'm glad you have a Deeana Troy (sp?) and that we have you.