Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School Sans Students

I had forgotten what my alarm clock sounded like! I had a lovely drive to work, saw the same guy walking the same two dogs, the same horse, the same parking spot etc etc. It was nice to be back in my classroom. I was certain I wouldn't have everyone staring at me at this faculty meeting because 1) I wasn't new 2) I wasn't crying and then oops, I had to stand up and report for my table! No worries. The principal threw us a great crab feast after school at a nearby park, it was really great except I absolutely hate picking crabs which makes me very unMaryland like. But you get sticky and my throat closes up. How many times will until I learn... leads me to borrow this idea and suggest a Song of the Day: Feel it all by Feist.

Our thoughts are with TNT. We're on call for anything you may need. No worries gentlemen, this too shall pass. Love ya both and see you really soon.
So I dedicate this song to you both!

1 comment:

Nik said...

I can guarantee we will have no crab tomorrow at orientation. Happy first day of school sans students (wouldn't it be easier if they always stayed home?)